Sunday 18 May 2008

15,000 visitors

Visitor number 15,000 arrived late last night from a link from Ralna's Blog. Check out her layout with the new heidi swapp line!

I must confess that as Ralna says, some of my fabulous stamps are way too clean. I have been making a concerted effort to get them out of their packages and onto a few pages. I have increased my Staz On ink supply to encourage me. :) The challenge is on!

The plan this May Long weekend was to get into the yard on Saturday, entertain on Sunday and get the garage totally cleaned out on Monday. I swore off all scrapbooking for the weekend. YIKES! No pages to blog as of Sunday.

But alas just as we were finishing the back yard with all that weeding, trimming, digging, moving, lifting and stuffing into bags that the yard requires a few times a year .....I put my back out, or did something back there that would not allow me to stand up except in excruciating pain. DANG!! I do NOT have time for this!

This has happened to me two times before but many years ago. The result is not much sleep, hot showers, a lot of ibuprofen, boredom and guess what? No entertaining today and the garage will have to wait. I can however sit for 30 min at a time with the help of drugs and then I have to get the back straightened out again by walking around in pain ...which means I am destined to blogging and scrapping this weekend - for short periods anyways. Well how do ya like that? Does that sound like a complaint?

The back yard looks fabulous though and I am resisting not going out to put the last of the new geraniums in the ground - not sure I can even get down there to do it and if I did, would I get back up? Of course I am the one who will try anyways. David says I will feel better in a few days if I don't abuse my back...i.e. keep trying to do stuff. So I have been given strict orders to STAY out of the garden and NOT lift anything - sweet guy! I think I will have to succumb and lay low.

Any advice out there? heat, cold, movement, stay still, scrapbook? Is there a fast cure? I don't feel 41 right now - I actually feel more my age.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, I can truly understand your pain...I get the same thing. I have a trick though...it's called Muscle Mist. It's an all natural spray that you put on your back and it helps to loosen the muscles and lessen the pain. It's amazing stuff!! Here is the website www.musclemist.ca It's a company call Country Connections out of St. Andrews, MB. I have bought the product at our local garden centre....gardening = muscle mist!! I hope this helps and you can buy it locally.
All the best.
Jo-Ann
Edmonton

Julie Cortens said...

Thank you Jo-Ann,
I had an afternoon nap and am feeling better already - not walking hunched over anymore. No more twinges. I googled Muscle Mist and it doesn't look like anyone here in Saskatoon sells it but I see it is easy to order on line.
Jo-Ann - how is your husband's tour of Afghanistan going? I am thinking of you and praying.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie, very happy to hear you are feeling better. Back pain is the worst!! Muscle Mist is a miracle product and worth every penny...I have used it for years.

My husband is doing well, looking forward to getting home for his three week break mid-June, then his homecoming in October. Thank you for your prayers, it's a very difficult time in our lives.

Laura said...

Hey Julie, use heat and ice every 15-20 minutes alternating for a couple hours at a time. You might want to try a chiropractor who uses an activator....just a thought. No manual manipulation involved here.

Hope you are feeling better soon.