Sunday 16 March 2008

Happy Birthday to me!!

Yup! It's my birthday today. I am 51 and I can say that because I feel like I am 41! :) (Most days anyways) I am a child of the King - so I have no complaints!

Didn't do anything too special today - church this morning and than an all afternoon church meeting and here I am indulging in some computer time this evening. I also finished the ironing and cut Harolds hair today - so it was productive! And I love productive days! It's part of being a type A I guess.

But I have to say the best part of the day was seeing the look on David's face (after dropping a million hints) when I said to him just after lunch that "umm today is my birthday dear"

He TOTALLY forgot and felt so bad. Poor guy. Then on our way to the meeting we stopped in at Tims for a quick decaf and I told the nice guy at the till - "It's my birthday and so I am going to have a Boston cream!!" He said "hey Happy Birthday!" and I said "thanks! Your the first one today to wish me a happy birthday!" He looked at David and I got to see that completely embarrassed and ohhhh soooo sorry look again. LOL

If you're reading this dear, I can say all this because you treat me like it is my birthday every day of the year (well, almost), so REALLY, it's okay!! However I do reserve the right to use this against you in any way I like. (wink wink) Anyways March 16, my day! :) Remember that dear because if you forget next year things may be different...wait a min as I recall my 50th....never mind.

Now to some altered projects. I was dashing through Walmart last week with the plan to be in and out of there in 8 min flat and eyed these really creative picture frames - grabbed two. They looked like this before I did a little painting.

I inked and shimmer sprayed the matting (to match my office/scrapbook/computer/create room) and then inserted some fun photos that I changed to B&W. On the laugh picture frame I altered the photos in Photoshop to give them a bit of a posterized look. They were "soft" photos and needed something funky done to them!

Now I just have to decide where to hang them!

Blessings to you all!

Julie

11 comments:

kristen said...

love the frames!!! May have to make a trip to walmart! hehe! I love frames and I love pictures!€

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Julie! I'm so glad that you feel good too! Enjoy the rest of your week! What you did with the frames are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I really did forget your birthday - mea culpa!. But, what do you get the woman who has everything (just kidding). Oh well, we will just have to celebrate an un-birthday on some other day.
Love from your hubby
Dave

Julie Cortens said...

Indeed I have everything. I have you! :) and I have Jesus! We celebrate every day dear. I am having fun with this though. :) Actually the best birthday present for the girl who "has everything" was the look on your face when you realized you had forgot the day. That was priceless! Love you!

Unknown said...

Those frames are beautiful!! Happy Birthday indeed...:) Love to you.

Angie said...

Those are beautiful frames!!

Susan said...

Happy birthday a day late! We are now the same age!!

Laura said...

happy belated birthday julie! love the frames and I bet that there is not going to be any left when i get to walmart! they should give you a cut for advertizing for them!

if i don't see you before you leave for hawaii, have a great trip and look forward to seeing all the pics when you get back!!!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Julie - just another thing we seem to have in common, you are exactly one month younger than me! and my husband forgot my birthday as well this year - which he never does. We were in California and the kids wished me happy birthday and he just looked at me and asked why I hadn't said anything to him! Just wait - his birthday is next week!!! Hope you had a great day - and I love the frames, I'll have to check out Walmart here.

Amanda said...

Happy birthday Julie! I pray that the next year brings you just as much, or even more, joy and laughter and love than this one!

Anonymous said...

Oh those are so cute Mom! I love them.
Love Allison