Tuesday 18 March 2008

Drunken Pig Stew

Drunken Pig Stew is what David had for lunch at this large English pub (photo on the rt side of the page). This was part of a one day trip over to England from Delft, Netherlands when he was over there for business in 2000. The trip also involved a short stop in Paris - but it was at night and well, let's just say I am the photographer in the family although his skills are improving tremendously. He now knows a flash picture of the Eiffel tower from 2 miles back at night does not work. hehe. What a guy. He took some nice pictures of this old church though.

Journalling reads...It was a short flight over the Channel to Humberside airport in the north of England and then on to Lincoln , a small city. We managed a little drive-by sightseeing to see the Lincoln castle and Lincoln Cathedral. It is quite impressive architecture, but the highlight of the day was a noon hour stop at a genuine English pub called the Pyewipe Inn for a cold ale and the ‘drunken pig stew’. That, was a tasty experience. We left the country shortly after and departed for Paris to see our France sales office. Dinner that night was at a fantastic restaurant on the Champs-Elysees.

I think I should get him to do all my journalling. :)

Blessings!

Julie

2 comments:

Mrs. Wizzle said...

Julie, mmmmmm..... I just really, really like this page. I can't quite put my finger on why. I am not sure if it is the colour combination, the organzation of it, the actual pictures or all of the above, and they are all great. I really, really, really like it.

Julie Cortens said...

Thanks Mrs Wizzle. It is simple and maybe that is why - just tells the storie. I like simple pages - ones that focus on the picture and the memory...but sometimes all the embellishments are just too cool to not use...then we crowd the page. I'm rambling. LOL