Monday 16 June 2008

Gratitude List

Time to add to my gratitude list. I am feeling frazzled....my to do list is way too long today and I should be out on my bicycle getting some exercise, or weeding the garden, or painting the front hall or catching up with ironing ...but here I am on the computer procrastinating. Well it is only 9am here and I will get at my day. Right now I need to remind myself of all the blessings in my life. I will continue with my 1000 blessings list.

21 - The sun is shining - I am thankful for it's warmth, beauty, just the way it makes me feels so good. What joy to wake up to it's warmth and brightness....feels sooo good.

22. I am thankful that I have the health to actually DO all the things on my "to do" list today. Time may be against me, but I have the health and ability to get them done.

23. The new furniture for the family room arrives today - so I have so much to be thankful for there - #1 being my job that allows us to to this reno. But I think I already listed that. Thankful that we can finally get rid of the furniture my husband had in his bachelor apt 30 yrs ago. YEAH!! We bought new drapes and put them up on the weekend. There was a bit if a discussion over that! David felt to do it properly meant to have someone come in, measure, pick the fabric and have them custom made. Wowsers - do you know what that would cost???? I am the budget keeper. He agreed to buy, take home and look at four panels and a rod from Home Outfitters (I had a 10% off coupon on it all) They are perfect! They look fabulous - at a fraction of the cost. David is happy, I am ecstatic. LOL Life is good!

24. My flowers are growing beautifully. I am thankful for the rain, the refreshing, cleansing, sweet smelling rain. A 20 minute rain shower provides more nutrients to my garden (and my soul) than three weeks of carefully measured fertilizer. Rain - it is an amazing gift from God.

25. My son Mark - I am thankful that he has given his all to firefighting school and will graduate this week with very good marks. I am also proud (can you tell?) Thankful that he has found new friends in Brandon, especially in the collage and career group at church, thankful that he has a servants heart and loves to volunteer, thankful that he loves the paramedic side of firefighting and likes to help people. Thankful for answered prayer.

26. I am thankful for my daughter persevering through two jobs this summer, little sleep and almost no recreation - she is growing up. :) More answered prayer.

27. Thankful that the lump in my daughters neck is likely from an infection and not some other more serious causes that had me worried for several days. I am also hopeful that the antibiotics will take care of this. Thank you Lord for answered prayer again.

28. I am thankful for my clean hardwood floors and that I can run the new dusting mop over them three times a day - just because they shine so beautifully! Makes me giddy!! okay I need a life.

29. I am thankful for my camera that allows me to capture all the wonders of His creation and continue to be in awe of every one of them.

30. I am thankful for my Mazda - love that car. It is so me. It is just the right size for me. And I will never, ever again be able to own another car that does not have heated leather seats.

No comments: