Wednesday 4 June 2008

Almost there!

Okay here are the pics for those of you asking me. It is almost finished. Man it feels good to have those workers leave my house and to just clean up. I find the overstimulation of banging, grinding, constant noise along with sawdust EVERYWHERE and fine, fine dust in every nook and cranny....well a tad bit overwhelming. But they have left, I have vacuumed a million times and gone over everything with a dust cloth or a damp cloth. I am exhausted but I cannot let the sawdust and dust just sit there!! Thankful to have Monday off work to be here to oversee- thanks Laura! And evenings to get to the cleaning and a little drywalling. Will it ever end?

So we are seeing a hint of the completed vision for a new family room.

The lino people still have some messes to repair....or tear it out and start again (to be decided) BIG SIGH!!! , and the hardwood installers (great guys) still have the two steps into the family room to finish up. But we are really close!! We now have a beautiful dance floor...well at least until we get some furniture back into the room.





I am blessed! I am tired! Life is so good!

4 comments:

Thelma Findlay said...

This is gorgeous Julie! It's like moving into a new house - except you have the comfort of your old home at that same time. Hugs - you need a good rest - and then enjoy, enjoy, enjoy.

Laura said...

Beautiful!

Sonya and David said...

Breathtakingly beautiful!! I do understand what you say about quality workmanship...or lack of it. Soon it will feel like home again.

kristen said...

the reno's look wonderful! What a beautiful home!