Tuesday 24 June 2008

I Love to Hear you Play

I miss not having anyone home to play the piano anymore. Allison does occasionally but not too often. There were days around here when the piano was played constantly - and I loved it. Maybe if Paul and Allie moved to Saskatoon, Allie could come over and play for a few hours. sigh.

This is another page from the year 2001 - I am actually getting through this year quite well and hope to be finished scrapbooking it before the year 2008 is over. Then I might feel like I am actually gaining in some way - you know catching up so that some day I will only scrapbook current photos. Hopefully photos of grandchildren. Okay at least I hope to come close before they start arriving.

That is my motivation - to get caught up on all the years by the time grandchildren start to arrive because at that point you are going to see a gazillion pages of babies and little people.

For this layout I used Basic Grey - archaic line, chipboard letters from Heidi Swapp, Thickers and Bo Bunny and I used rub-ons from Scrapments and Maya Road, and a little ribbon from the stash.

There you have it!

Have a wonderful day, enjoy the sun, enjoy the thunder storms. I just love a good thunder storm and pelting rain that cleans the air and the streets.
Blessings!
Julie

6 comments:

Angie said...

I love the sound of a piano too! But I don't know how to play.

Ralna Nordstrom said...

love that the page has so much movement

Anonymous said...

Julie, you will just have to take piano lessions yourself and then play for your enjoyment!! I do, now that my girls are long gone. I have a gazillion pictures of my granddaughter already and she is only 6 months old!! I don't think I will ever catch up. And it was nice to finally meet you and talk to you face to face. did you see that the contract was accepted? Cheryl

Allie said...

Is that my husband sitting CROSS-LEGGED at the piano? For shame! I'll have to give him a talking-to! ;)

Julie Cortens said...

Yes Allie, that is your husband sitting cross legged at the piano. I guess techniques was not his strong point. LOL and I doubt you will change this now...unless he is playing in a concert. Check out his posture in these pictures...

http://cortens.blogspot.com/2008/05/music-recital.html

Julie Cortens said...

Thanks Cheryl - I took piano lessons when I was in my mid thirties. It was very difficult but I got to my grade six Royal Conservatory. It basically allows me to read the notes in choir. LOL
Happy to see the nurses back at work. Here's hoping something constructive is done about the shortage of them.