Monday 23 June 2008

Lazy Days, No Worries

This is one of those layouts sitting in my "in basket" for some time, waiting for inspiration. Well that inspiration came from the new Scrapbook Trends "Vacations" magazine that arrived at JSI on Wednesday. I have finished two layouts up today because of inspiration from this little book and I have tabbed about six more. Just waiting for some time to complete them all and this coming week does not look promising.


So here is another Hawaii layout. I have used the new textured card stock, some paper tropical ocean paper from the vacation section, Prima flowers...and more Prima flowers - which are all in stock last time I looked. I used flowers from the 'painterly petals', 'Belle Fleur', and the 'artful collage' prima lines, with pebbles in the middle, and more pebbles. I also used the new Prima bling - "center kissed" ...very pretty. ohhhh these are 'pertiful', as Laura would say.


Rub ons came from a nifty little Tropical "Swatch BOOK" which is jammed packed with great tropical rub-ons - 137 designs and 250 letters...mmm I like this! Thank you Laura for talking me into this one! There is one left at JSI. And finally I used the new Heidi Swapp "clear extras" (overlays) from the "world traveler" and the "care free" line. Very subtle and very effective.


And here ya go!
Have a great week everyone - hope to see some of you at JSI or wherever our paths may cross.
Blessings!
Julie
PS - hello to Cheryl whom I finally met at the store today!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your RSS/Atom feed is working again. This showed up in Google Reader

Julie Cortens said...

Thanks Paul....I appreciate the technical feed back.

Kate said...

LOVE that LO. Is that an 8x10 photo? Do you print your own? And what is that flower in the bottom right corner? Transparency? I am moving in 9 days!!! See you at the store!

Julie Cortens said...

Hi Kate, Yes that is an 8X10 and yes I often print my own on my HP photosmart printer - love it - seriously it does a better job than Blacks. However this batch of Hawaii photos I had done at Blacks because they had a sale on and printing my own is expensive with ink cartridges.

That flower in the bottom rt corner is from the Heidi Swapp "clear extras" (overlays)There is a full page of them and they are fabuloue and very affordable - a few left in the store.

Looking forward to seeing you in Saskatoon and at JSI - big things a happening at JSI that we are all oh so excited about. But we are sworn to secrecy. Hoping the big unvailing will happen in the next two weeks - watch the JSI blog.