Saturday 21 June 2008

Saturday's To Do list

1. Weed the front garden

This is a "Winged Weeder", the best little garden tool I have ever owned. Bought it at the local spring garden show and I am going to buy the larger size as well. This tool just skims through your garden slicing off those weeds at the roots in no time. It still worked as well today as the day I bought it four years ago. Love it. So at 7:30 this morning I was out there doing the front garden...just in case Angie wonders by. hehe (see comments on last post)

2. Sat am bike ride with my sweetheart (and a coffee and biscuit too). This is our Saturday morning tradition and we haven't been able to do this for a few weeks.

3. Check the repair on the linoleum in laundry room and put felt under the dryer legs. Balance the dryer while dh runs to the office for notes for meeting this am.

4. DH returns from office and together we return the leftover boxes of maple hardwood for refund and .....pay the bill. 'Think of the points dear, think of the points' my dh continually reminds me.


5. Return the U-Haul trailer before we get dinged another day

rabbit trail.....We have been in Brandon MB at Marks graduation for the past three days and brought home all his furniture and belongings with us in a U-Haul (are we good parents or what?!) The Mazda and U-Haul were parked in the back of the Brandon hotel. Thursday night we discover that someone has spray painted the side of the U-Haul bright blue. Oh great - and I declined the insurance - so a $700.00 deductible on any damage. sigh. (should have taken a picture) David and I get up at the crack of dawn Friday morning (that is 7am actually)- head to Tim's for coffee and breakfast and then the home hardware store next door to the hotel. We spend $30 on graffiti cleaner, rags, rubber gloves and such, in hopes of saving $700. The stuff worked - it came off - ALL of it! phew!! And phew again - that stuff smelled! Now it is time to pack up, head over to Mark's place and start hauling stuff and furniture out of the basement apartment. And were off on the 6 hr drive home to unload it all into the garage last night ....like I said are we good parents or what?! I think Mark appreciates it though. ....end of rabbit trail... more firefighting pictures to come. What a handsome dude - nice guy, available to the right gal...I digress.
...back to this morning Sat..... the U-Haul gets returned - $10.00 less then we expected. Glad to have that emptied and safely returned san graffiti.

It is now almost 10 am. On schedule - way to go! The day is flying by but the "to do" list is shrinking. YEAH!!

6. The front of the Mazda looks gross - clean it up. I should have taken a picture first - how many bugs are there between here and Brandon? Cazillions! And they are stuck like glue to the front of my car. ..heated up and melted on there.

7. Tackle the back yard weeds - ALL of them - wear sun screen! Much larger garden then the front. David is off to a meeting (volunteer stuff) It is hot out there. DH arrives later (didn't volunteer for anything and kept his mouth shut - the meeting was short - good job dear!) and we are done by 12:30. Working fast to get out of the heat.

8. Eat something before you faint. And so here I sit with my salmon and cucumber sandwich - actually it is now gone and so is the Classens pickle - should have taken a picture of that too! haha

9. Paint the front hall - last room to paint. DH to run out and get semi-gloss for the two metal doors.

10. You may now scrapbook or check your google Reader if it is not 10 pm at night. Have a beer - you deserve it!

That is the adgenda for the day and I plan to complete it all and sleep well tonight.

An IKEA delivery (due in 1 week) (so, so, so excited) and the reno's will be complete. A few 8X10 black photo frames needed to complete the front hall and some art for two walls on the fam room - also looking for a very funky and different floor lamp - any suggestion on where to look?

Hope you day is warm and full of blessing and you too get to cross lots of stuff off your "to do" list.

6 comments:

Angie said...

Sorry, didn't get a chance to wander by today. I was watching Rick do a detailing job on the neighbors vehicles today. Plus, as you could see by my blog, I was being the favorite mommy in our section today. Then enjoyed a nice nap this afternoon with the girls to escape some of the heat.

Glad all the graffiti came off that uhaul.

Sheryl said...

Hi Julie. To do lists are a part of life but when you have a partner to share them with suddenly a Saturday ful of jobs can be fun. I have been in Grad hairland for 2 weeks and I have just 1 more day of Grad stuff and I will be done! I am looking forward to making my around the yard to do list and getting caught up on my weeds!

Julie Cortens said...

That's okay Angie - wander by any time.
Cheryl you are so right! Except fot that one hour meeting, we worked side by side all day and accomplished so much. I finished up the painting at around 6:30 pm while DH made supper. What a guy!

Are you getting tired of updo's or are they out these days?

Sheryl said...

Updo's.colors.cuts.curls.knots.
bobbypins.hairspray(I need to buy stocks in this product).What I am the most tired of hearing is "I want something that nobody else will have."Now while I understand why you feel this way there is only so much I can do with the hair you have on your head.If you want something trendy there will be others there with the same thing.If you want something classy your odds are better for being the only one,but alas I am only the hairdresser why should you listen to me?

Julie Cortens said...

LOL ah seventeen yr olds (and 13 yr olds I guess). Do you think we put too much pressure on them to be something from a magazine at graduation?

When I was in grade 8 the end of the school year meant getting out and playing and hopefully going on a camping trip with the family or to the beach that summer.

Grade 12 graduation meant getting a job to pay for school come September. But then again I am getting on in years and way too practical. LOL

Sheryl said...

Society does dictate how we should look, what we should wear and what we should be. We as parents and adults need to find the bounaries and show them to our children. Sometimes we even need to live in the real world with boundaries ourselves.
In the town I grew up in there was no grade 8 grad. The end of grade 8ment a summer full of babysitting jobs and holidays with the family. In grade 8 boys still had cooties and most of my friend and I were just starting to want to do hair and make-up. When we hit grade 12 it was lugage and strong hints from parent to leave home. Get a job. Go to college. Be an adult.
I think the opportunities that are available to our 18 year olds now are super. Go travel, take a year off, be 18 get it out of your system then buckle down and make a life for yourself. Set some goals learn some life lessons, get hurt a little but most of all find out who you are and what you want out of life.