Sunday, 1 June 2008
The Reno's continue, Gratitude List
The back hall is done. But not without a list of problems. Ah renos. I was so discouraged.
At coffee break on Thursday I heard a few more reno issues from a few gals at work. Mine were small in comparison. The problems will get fixed eventually ...but I tell ya - this scrapbooker cannot live with a crooked toilet for much longer!!
I love the new back hall. Today we painted the back door and so.....all is complete - well at least as far as we can go until they come back and fix all the .....mess ups!
The front hall light is installed too. I was at work for this adventure as well. The switch box for the light sits 1/8th of an inch lower than the switch box beside it. WHAT WAS HE THINKING!!!!
Again - this scrapbooker can not live with this! I will phone them tomorrow. ....sigh again!
Used to be workers were looking for work and cared about how it was done. As if there reputation was at stake. Man if I was this careless at my job I would be fired. At least I should be!
Enough complaining. I need a little dose of reality here.
So here is my random list of the next ten things I am thankful for. The first ten are here.
11. In ground sprinklers - man, what a great invention. No more moving that sprinkler around the yard every half hour, getting sprayed in the face with every adjustment.
12. The colours on the wall in my "office" - still like them a year later.
13. My husband - helping me with painting the back door this afternoon, then bringing me a refreshment (as in Corona)
14. Summer. I think it is here..finally!
15. That the vegetable garden has been reduced to a few herbs and one large pot with a tomato plant in it. This I think I can handle!
16. The upstairs hall looks fabulous - finished painting it last night. Wow - should have done that sooner.
17. My washer and dryer. We finally replaced the old guys last Christmas and our clothes have never been cleaner nor have I been able to dry them so fast. I did not know what I was missing.
18. My job with the Saskatoon Health Region (hence the reno and 17 above)
19. The most comfortable bed in the whole world.
20. The downstairs shower - it is NOT energy efficient, which means if you turn around and face the jet stream you may get your faced ripped off but man it is wonderful on the back after 6 straight hours of using a paint roller on an extension pole.
Have a blessed week everyone. I am hoping to have time to play with my new flocking! I will try to post the process. ohhh awe