Monday 5 May 2008

Waikiki Beach

An aerial view of Waikiki that David took (and is very proud of). He took it while I was deep breathing and clinging to a paper bag, remember? I guess I can laugh about it now and I am quite happy to have the pictures, so in a way I can now say I am glad we did the helicopter tour; I just won't do it again. Or maybe it is like having children.....

I added some little pictures of our day on Waikiki beach - so I have our afternoon at Waikiki all on one page which I am fine with. The postcard in the top left corner I picked up a while ago and it fit perfectly on this page because it is a drawing of Waikiki back in the 1920's or so when only a couple of smaller hotels were there, one being the pink one you see in the large photo on the far left and also in the postcard. I love the contrast from the simple, peaceful days of the postcard to the massive 18 story hotels crowding the beaches. Perhaps the page next to this one should be of all the hundreds of people lining the beaches for a piece of sun and surf. Waikiki is not what it used to be; it is, however, still worth seeing.

Stay tuned for some real streamlined pages; I really am trying to stay simplistic and clean; uncluttered so to speak.

Blessings!

Julie

ps...don't you just LOVE that blogger now allows you to post date a posting? No more saving in draft on the weekend so I can post during my crazy week. haha! Love it!

No comments: