Tuesday 27 May 2008

RSS this may be for YOU!

RSS stands for "Real Simple Syndication." See the word SIMPLE in there?

If you read even one blog regularly, RSS is for you. It will save you time, I promise. It allows you to stay connected with different websites and blogs especially those that are updated regularly. Once you are set up, all your favorite blogs are listed for you and those that have a new posting are highlighted with the new post. Yup - it is all there for you. No more going to 10 different sites and seeing if someone posted. It is like sitting down at your computer and saying - "Hey computer, make me a list of all my favorite blogs and show me every one who has a new post that I haven't read yet." And there you have it - a list of all the blogs you visit and any posts you haven't read yet - all on one screen.

It is easy and makes all your blog visits so much more efficient.
If you follow these instructions, you will be subscribed to your favorite sites and already saving time by the end of this article. Want to get started? Go here!

And when you are all set up come on back and click on that blogger icon and get me on your reader....or copy and past my address from my main page and add to new subscription.


Let me know how this is working for you! I know it is going to allow you to see all the blogs with new posts in very short time. But hey you actually have to open the blog to leave a comment....so may this not discourage you three or four who do leave comments vs the other 68 who read and move on commentless - I know you are out there. :)


Looking forward to finding out how its going. Let me know if you use an RSS feed now.

2 comments:

kristen said...

Ralna had mentioned this to me in the store one day. She said you were using it and I meant to ask you about it....but now I don't have to. I think I will try and hook it up...to make life easier! LOL!

Julie Cortens said...

Kris - you will kick youself for not doing this sooner. I watch about 30 sites. To go to each one indiviually to see if they posted would take forever. With Google reader RSS feeds, I know who has posted and everyones post is on one page. I just scroll down. I click on the posts I want to go to and comment on. Simple!