Saturday 27 September 2008

Get your MoJo On Challenge #1

THIS WAS A TOUGH CHALLENGE SHERYL! But thank you. I seldom journal from the heart and this sort of thing makes me do just that...and so that is good.

My word is a little different from most I think. My word is a name and it is Jesus. I chose it because He does permeate my day....or at least He should. And He has changed my life more than any other thing in this world ever could. He figures prominently in my life...even if He is not physically visible and touchable. And so part of my plan here was to make his name LARGE, but let it blend in with the page.



Journalling reads:
Get Your Mojo On first challenge: scrap a word that means something to you.
Hmmm .... words…are just words…

I am trying to think of a word I use often, a word that elicits some deep meaning to me personally …that is a hard one.
Love?
Family? How many times have I used this on a page?
My children’s names; they bring loving feelings.
My husband?
What word is on my lips more than any other?
What word brings me great joy and peace when it is on my lips and in my heart? Jesus!
I say His name every day.
I talk to Him
I read His precious words every day.
He permeates my life –
He makes me who I am.
He helps me mother my children.
He helps me be a wife that my husband adores.
He helps me love the unlovable – but I am still a work in progress.
He shows me my sin….and He humbles me.He died for me… .He takes on the wrath of God for me… .He removes my sin… ..He gives me eternal life… ..He gives me hope for today…for tomorrow…for eternity.
Jesus!
He means more to me than life. What a beautiful Word! What a beautiful name.
I used all Basic Grey from the new "granola " line - and I think I used a little bit of every paper in this line - well almost. hehe I also added some element stickers from this BG line and some heidi swapp clear gel blossoms and deco art paper effects to adhere the gel blossoms.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

WOW!! Julie what an awesome page. You totally ROCKED this challenge. I sit here a little unsure what to say. You have taken be by surprise but I am so encouraged and uplifted by your layout. Thank you.

April D said...

Wow, that is a GREAT page...well done. I love all the colors in it too.

Anita said...

What an incredible page!!! I am totally blown away. What a great expression of love for our Saviour. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Great page Julie
thank you so much for the reminder of all our Saviour does for us. He is so incredible