Wednesday 10 September 2008

Christmas Morning



What a wonderful time of joy, laughter and utter chaos - Christmas morning. We do open one gift at a time and savor this special time together - but there is an element of chaos and I am glad to be past the small toys with batteries and little parts era of our lives. I enjoyed such good memories putting this page together. We have so many Christmas traditions and we so enjoy this time together. How do I leave any pictures out? They are each part of the whole Christmas morning experience - and what make us family!

This page was a challenge - 12 4X6 photos! Some cropping and trimming and I fit them all. I know it is busy - but the point was to capture the morning.

I have noticed that when my family look at my layouts, they focus immediately on the pictures and the memories - the journalling. They seem impervious to the product or technique. When fellow scrapbookers look at a layout they comment on the impression, the products, the technique. Sometimes it is fun to use a new product in a special way. For other pages, it is the memory that needs recording.

The paper is Reminisce "Snowglobe", Pressed petals 'Monday Metals' (from my stash), Basic Grey 'wilma' chipboard letters inked and glazed and some of the new Beary Patch Christmas rub-ons which are very, very nice!!

Christmas is coming to JSI - a big box of beautiful Glitter stickers came yesterday and they are very nicely priced! Check em out!

Some really cool Hallowe'en paper also arrived along with matching embellishments.

No comments: