Tuesday 9 September 2008

Celebrate


Celebrating Allison's 12th Birthday. Sigh...birthday pages...so many pictures and how do you get them all on the page. This is page #61 of the 2001 album - I have been working on 2001 for over 6 months...hmmm that means....that means I will NEVER catch up! But I will press on. By my calculations, I have four - get that? 4...more pages to finish up the year ~ Allison's birthday party with friends, our church Christmas concert and then Christmas - which has to be a two page layout - cause there are too many of us and too many pictures. Have you noticed that I am in very few pictures? There is one of me in the Christmas batch though.

Anyways, this is my sweet daughters 12th birthday and what a lovely sweet and pure young woman she was becoming - and still is - getting married! YIKES! Of course a fine young man spotted her and immediately claimed her. LOL smart guy! ...but does he know how much she loves to shop for clothes???? And this 12 year old started University this week and is on her way to getting her education degree.

They do grow up so fast - so hug them, kiss them, tell them how much you love them and try to ignor the mess in the bathroom! Before you know it they will be married and you will have your bathroom back. :)

2 comments:

Sheryl said...

Good job Julie! I don't have it in me to go back and scrap old photos. It is a daunting task. I can sure appreciate your perseverance in doing this. Especially when you have so many current ones ready to go. I think you do a greatjob with the multi photo and older photo layouts.

Julie Cortens said...

Thank you Sheryl! You don't know how much I appreciate your comments - it is a daunting task....but one day, yes one day...my 12 year old grandchild will sit down and take a look and be so thrilled to learn about their Dad's or Mom's upbringing. They will know that they were loved even before they were born. I am writing a history book for my grandchildren and my great grandchildren - something to let them know that they are in a loving family no matter what the world may bring their way. And I really want the book to be finished - caught up - no missing eras. I am getting there. One page to go and 2001 is complete and on the shelf...well as soon as I take all those pages down from the walls at JSI. :)