Tuesday 1 July 2008

PLAY HARD....or go home

FINALLY, an actual scrap book page and not a funny filler. Yes it is Canada Day today..Happy Birthday Canada. And since the only two children living here at this time are working today, I feel no opligation to arrange a party, bake a cake with a Canada flag on it and go out and buy fire works. Nope! I have the day off - the WHOLE day and only two things on my agenda - a bike ride with my sweetheart early this morning and a little scrapbooking. Done both! ...okay there is still that pile of ironing I need to get at or my sweetheart will be wearing golf shirts to work for the rest of the week....which would blow his reputation at work for being WAY over dressed for a Saskatchewan agricultural company. What no tie Dave? Two days in a row?

Play Hard....sorry didn't keep track of what I used - mostly stash - lots of Basic Grey stuff.

Journalling reads....….
...or go home! Home schoolers PE meant renting a local gym and having a competitive game of floor hockey. Here we are at Ebenezer Baptist gym – it was a weekly event for a few months in the early spring of 2001. The Bergen’s and the Robblee’s joined us. Our boys (and their Mom) were quite competitive. After all, we were out for some serious exercise. Some parents wanted the game to be less competitive. I asked the boys to be a little less “into” the game, but it didn’t fly too well. This was hockey and these were teenage boys. Play hard or go home was the attitude although they never really said that. It was more like “if I can’t play to win, why play?" I kind of agreed with them. It’s not like they were mean or anyone got hurt (well, I did once) but they played to win – and that’s okay! Boys do that! So do some Mom’s!



Have a restful and happy day no matter what you are doing.


Julie

2 comments:

Ralna Nordstrom said...

love the layout!
Julie though you are the queen of large photoshopped photos, you do a fantastic job of scrappin the everyday photos of the past. Even when you're working with less than stellar snaps, you're journaling makes pages like this really special.

Julie Cortens said...

This one came together, finally, after you gave me the title Ralna! Thanks again for the inspiration - I don't know how you do it!