Sunday 6 April 2008

So Sweet

Well I love Sunday afternoons when there are no places to be and things to do - I got lots done today. Besides three loads of laundry, I cleaned up all my scrapbook supplies - and in the process of doing that I came across this picture of Allison - hmmm it matched this Hibiscus paper I had picked up for Hawaii pages so well. I know I promised another overlay layout - and it is almost done - but I got distracted with this one. Used BG Sultry frier for the back ground, a piece of Bo Bunny Beachy Keen Hibiscus paper, the new Prima flowers (Essentials 3 steal Toe Mary J) who comes up with these names??? TROPICAL would have worked just fine!! Some of my stamps and Cats Eye ink, some K and Company rub ons - Wild Saffron - Ralna we HAVE to have more of these!! Some ribbon, pebbles and bling and the new Heidi Swapp ghost shapes - Hibiscus. very cool!

Journalling reads....
So sweet!
Allie really dislikes this picture of herself taken in Apr 2005 in Chemainus, B.C. We had stopped at a little restaurant there after some sight seeing and I took this photo. I love it – the colour of her hair, her intense blue eyes and her Dad’s beautiful, full lips.
I put the picture in a funky brass frame on the fireplace mantle – and I kept finding it laying face down when I dusted – she really did not like this picture but would never say what it was she disliked about it. Perhaps the colour of her hair since she does like to dye it dark, dark brown these days – and she hadn’t yet discovered eye liner in this photo – who knows?
But I see my beautiful daughter when I see this picture – her sweetness, innocence, loving heart…and I hope that one day she will let her hair go back to its naturally light brown colour with maybe a few highlights.


Blessings!
Julie

1 comment:

Angie said...

Beautiful page! The colors go so nice together.