Okay picked this Meme up at Jenni's Blog and thought I would play along. Jenni is mother to 12 - yes I said twelve.
The first thing I did was look up Meme because I didn't know what the heck it was but Google took me to Wikipedia for this:
A meme (pronounced /ˈmiːm/, rhyming with "cream") is a postulated unit or element of cultural ideas, symbols or practices, and is transmitted from one mind to another through speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena. (The etymology of the term relates to the Greek word mimema for "something imitated".)
So here it is, the Meme of the day.....
1. When you go to Wowmart, what one thing do you get every single time, besides a funky-wheeled squeaking cart full of frustration?
Liquid soap for the bathrooms�I only go once a month�when I have to�.before the 8am rush.
2. What is something that people are currently 'into' that you just don't get or appreciate?
Twitter. I am trying it but, well, why?
3. What is something that really hoists your sail that other people might feel 'ho-hum' about?
Oh that one is easy -my sweetheart of thirty years!!!
4. Favorite song to sing in the shower or car?
Amazing Grace.. or Indescribable
5. A really great salad must have this ingredient:
AVOCADO (sorry for yelling) - stole that from Jenni but oh yes I agree!
6. Advice in a nutshell to new bloggers (one or two sentences):
This can be addicting and very self absorbing. Be careful. Walk away from it now and then.
7. What was the alternate name that your parents almost named you? Do you wish they had chosen it instead of the one they gave you?
Muriel Joy, but my grandma said they couldn't do that to me. For the longest time (like the past 40 years) I have thought the name absolutely terrible but now that I am getting on I actually really like it.
8. What in your life are you waiting for?
MY FIRST GRANDCHILD!!! Any day now.
9. You get a package in the mail. What is it, and who is it from?
A book from Christian Books dot com or Amazon or maybe a photobook from Shutterfly!!
10. Today, what song represents you?
Hmmm I am sitting in a hotel room with my sweetheart. "Try a Little Tenderness" Michael Buble hahhahah comes to mind.
11. What is one thing that blogging has taught you about yourself?
I can easily get self absorbed, self centered.
I need to spend more time reading and not blogging.
I have "met" so many special people through their blogs and have learned a whole bunch too.
12. How are you going to (or how did you) choose the clothes you're wearing today? What do they say about you in general or specifically how you're feeling today?
Travel day - my new beige stretch chords cause I believe in looking classy only if it's comfortable. My cozy moss green vest because it is raining, damp, wet where I am going and I also believe that being warm is a big part of being comfortable.
So go ahead - copy paste and let me know so I can find out what your parents almost named you.