Tuesday 19 June 2007

Rainy (windy ) day blues!

Woke up Monday morning and the rain was still pouring down. We just seem to be getting a whole bunch of it here in Saskatoon!! I asked David is he was thinking about building an ark! He just chuckled...About an hour later I looked out on the back yard - where David and I have been working hard the past several weeks (in between downpours) to reseed the back yard, weed, weed, weed, repair and paint the deck and plant flower pots for an upcoming exec supper at our house. Everything was looking quite fine - especially with that new BBQ...then this!






Don't leave the unbrella up on a windy night, especially if you have a glass table!

So hopefully after work tonight we will make the run to Superstore to get one of their last two tables!! That means I will have 12 big chairs and two umbrellas (actually three - this is our third table) and none of these chairs is stackable!

Anybody else have any fallout from Sunday nights storm?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
Had a few minutes to sit with a coffee this morning, and I enjoyed browsing through your blog. I feel a bit like I've "caught up" on what's going on in your life.
Beautiful photos and great site.

Jan

Kelly said...

I always have such a hard time leaving comments on your blog - blogger is being fussy, I guess. Anyway, thanks for the tip, when I read your blog the other day I ran staright out and took our umbrella down - we have the same table as you but I didn't think it would crash over like that! Thanks for the warning!

Mrs Manz said...

Ouch! Were you able to get a new table? Nothing like pressure to make shopping fun. (chuckle)