Thursday 28 June 2007

Brag, Brag, Brag!

Okay - I have to brag. Grad ceremony , dinner celebration and after grad was Tuesday evening. It was very tasteful and God honouring - what a blessing! He was front and center as He should be! However....my sweet shy and , well brilliant little girl really shone. Took home all the awards! There were only four and she took three of them because her marks were too high for the fourth - honour roll group. We were all a little surprised but proud of her! She is so sweet! Here are some pictures - not very good - the gym was dark and I was not very close. I guess I will have to pay the big bucks for the professional shots. Melina - had I known she would do so well I would have hired you to be there just to take photos of her! :) I will be in touch soon!


This first picture is Allison receiving her award for high honour roll - there were five to receive this award.

This next picture is of her receiving the Citizenship award....there was quite the intro for this award with all the qualifications - one of them being good attendance...remember I am the mom who lets my daughter stay home from school to go shopping with me and out for coffee at the mall. I think Allison was about to cry here - all those nice things being said - but then obviously something cheered her up...the money part?




And then the big long intro of the student with the highest overall average for the graduating class...we were all pleasantly surprised. Here she is receiving her award from her very favorite teacher in the world Mrs Wiens!(Mom was not a favorite - way too strict!). Wow - it was some ceremony! Our last graduated of four ...I still can't believe it! Where did the time go? Gee I think I need to celebrate somehow!





And here she is - on her first day of school - grade 10 - she wanted to go to high school so she could wear a beautiful dress for her graduation - and she did!


For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you, declares the LORD, Jer 29:11-14

Thanks for letting me brag!

11 comments:

Pam said...

Wow!!!! Great job!
I am very proud of her (and you...what a wonderful job you have done raising all of your children). I hope that one day i can spout some praise as well!

Anonymous said...

Wow, she's beautiful:) I teared up when I saw the first day of high school picture - my little sister is starting high school in August - it absolutely floors me how fast they grow up!
I sense a few new scrapped pages coming....

Anonymous said...

Well done Allison- (Jessica told me all about it before I actually saw the pictures)
Thanks for posting the pics Julie.
I'll give Allison a big hug when we see you all on Sunday (Lord willing)

scrappaleica said...

Julie, of course it is your time to brag, and I would too! She is a very beautiful girl who obviously works very hard. To receive awards like that shows that she is going to make her mark in the world. I'm very excited for you because you get to see that your home schooling & YOUR hard work paid off, you were able to guide your daughter through all parts of teen years that were hard and she came out a star. I think that she had the prettiest grad dress I have ever seen! Great job Allison, and I wish you well in the future! Way to go mom!!!

Mrs Manz said...

Congratulations Allie!
I'm so sorry we had to miss it - dratted work. :)
Enjoy summer - what is left of it - before you go to school... but don't spend all that scholarship money. (lol)

Mrs Manz said...

Oh - one more comment:
That dress - did Allie wear it back in August, too? It is amazing how much she has "grown" since then... it looks even better now!

Laura said...

Congratulations Allison on all your well deserved awards! Congratulations Mom on the many years of homeschooling before sending her off to public/christian school. Allison, you look beautiful! Julie, you are all done, I have one down and one to go. Allison, if I don't see you over the summer, have a great one and the best to you in the future!

Julie Cortens said...

Thanks everyone! Our son also graduated from Commerce three weeks ago - Deans list (just four of them on Deans list)and our daughter-in-law graduated from Music (with distinction)...higher than deans list. Both graduated at the U of Victoria. I am thankful for the Lord's provision -to Him be all the glory!

Unknown said...

You must be so proud of your children! You have a beautiful family.

Kelly said...

So proud of everything! Julie, you are an awesome mother - you deserve some praise too!

jem said...

COngratulations!!! I wish I was there to shoot she looks fantastic!!! Way to go Ali!!!