Monday 27 May 2013

Counting My Blessings

Sunday morning we had a wonderful time of fellowship with the Saints at church. Great worship and message and great fellowship. We felt truly refreshed.
We came home to pastrami on rye sandwiches out on the deck. The back yard was quiet and smelled like summer. It was utterly wonderful. The birds were singing, the hostas were peeking thru, the tamarack tree was greening up, the fiddleheads were stretching out, the flowers from the store were happy to have found a home and the cherry blossoms were in full bloom.

As we sat there giving thanks for all His provisions in our lives I was overwhelmed with all the blessings surrounding me - not just in my back yard at this moment, but in life. Do we have trials? yes, we all do. But in this moment there was much to give thanks for. Even the seemingly small little things all pointed to a wonderful, incredible Creator who continues to bless us every day.

And then I remembered that at this moment as I feel so blessed, there are people hurting. People like Shawn and Amy whose arms ache to hold their precious one year old one more time. If you have a moment please pray His grace and peace upon them.

I am reminded to have a heart and mindset that is always counting my blessings and continually giving thanks for each and every one of them.

He is Good!!



“The photograph itself doesn't interest me. I want only to capture a minute part of reality.” 
― Henri Cartier-Bresson


No comments: