Sunday 6 December 2009

2003 - moving right along










 

How to get 17 not so great photos from 2003 on four pages.
Buy a new scanner because the 6 year old one has too many scars on the glass.
Scan, scan, scan.
Crop, fix and adjust in Lightroom.
Create in Photoshop.
Send to Costco.
Done.
Today's quote...


“Let us pray much for humility, and especially for humility in our days of peace and success. When everything around us seems to prosper, and all our plans work well, – when family trials and sicknesses are kept from us, and the course of our worldly affairs runs smooth, – when our daily crosses are light, and all within and without are like a morning without clouds, – then, then is the time when our souls are in danger!”
~ J.C. Ryle

4 comments:

Allie said...

If it's not too late to fix ... there's no U in forty ... maybe you can just take it out and space the letters further apart?? :)

Paul says he thinks we do have our stockings here. We'll check!

Love you!

Julie Cortens said...

Thanks Allie - I have always used what I thought was the British spelling - you know like labour, neighbour but I see from Google that fourty from four has not been used since about 1400 - the British now use forty as well. I think it is a matter of the Americans taking over the world one word at a time. :)
Let me know about the stockings ASAP please. And the "toast" words too please. I need it printed up.

Angie said...

I spell it fourty too...

Julie Cortens said...

I have for years too Angie - but I stand corrected - did a thorough internet and dictionary search and it is indeed forty! So we learned something today! :)
Haven't heard from you in ages Angie - how's it going!