Saturday 3 October 2009

Scottish Terriers

I had a real challenge today and it turned out to be a whole lot of fun. I photographed three Scottish Terriers (who have won several distinguished awards) and their master (or Mom as she affectionately called herself). Dawn had Devil, Manny and Tuffy well under control and off leash the whole time.

They were very well behaved although a tad distracted by the 50 other dogs in this off leash park who also wanted to be in on the photo op and were a lot less controlled!

This is Tuffy - Isn't he handsome. He was my best poser. 


This is Devil doing his gopher imitation.

Tuffy - so sweet

Manny - the youngest and most easily distracted.
He preferred to look anywhere but at the camera.

Manny laughing at me!
HUH! you want me to sit where? for how long?


Owner and trainer Dawn with 8 yr old Devil

 

 


 And you thought getting three people to all look at the camera at the same time was a challenge!


 The older guys behaving while Manny checks out other stuff.

 
 Distinguished and mature Devil.

 
Can we play now?

Busy weekend!

3 comments:

Bamm-ela said...

Julie, Julie, Julie,
I totally appreciate these pictures. I just took pictures of my two pups and had no clue just how tough that could be. (And my husband was rather useless as the handler!)So I sat mine on the top row of the bleachers in the park and shear fear kept them from moving. I'll have to get you a copy of it. Too funny. Those ones of them on the rock ... well, they rock! Good on y'a. Keep those pictures coming. It's inspiring to watch your photographic evolution.

Kate said...

My son was looking at your blog with me and looooved the photos! "Aw look Mum, they're friends!" FAB!

Julie Cortens said...

And you know Kate, they acted like brothers who were best buds. They were very well behaved and beautiful to photograph.