Tuesday 10 July 2007

Park pictures

There is a large park across the street from us. Sam and I used to go there every morning at about 6:30 ..the sprinklers came on a 7:00am! It had two large baseball diamonds and lots of grass - great for playing fetch! About two weeks ago they started pulling out some trees. Okay I thought - must be diseased...but them more and more trees came out and soon there were what seemed to be 50 trees gone...then the baseball diamonds dissappeared and today I see all the grass has been removed....our neighbour says it is a 1 million dollar remake and a soccar field is going in. I figure spend the 1 million on potholes, broken curbs and repainting the lines on the street...and maybe some REAL crosswalks - ones that cars actually stop for. Hmmm so I took some pics...:)









Some teenagers taking advantage of the mounds of dirt piled behind the school. What a fun way to spend a summer evening!


Love warm summer evenings...really wish I could take five days off and just scrapbook! Looking at another marathon 14 hr day tomorrow :( But the evening is always fun at Just Scrap It!
Blessings!
Julie

1 comment:

Mrs Manz said...

Kurt and I were wondering what they were putting in there - same thought as you... thinking maybe the trees were diseased... thanks for the info!