Thursday 19 May 2011

#1218 A New Era

Friends of ours had their student rental property torn down in the city this week in preparation for their dream retirement home. There is something about deconstruction and reconstruction that fascinates me. I must have been a carpenter in past lives (jk) Or perhaps it was growin up with a Dad and brothers that were always building stuff. In kindergarten I got kicked out of the wood block building section by my teacher Mrs Smith because I was a girl! I don't remember much of my childhood, but I remember that moment with great clarity. And I remember clearly how I felt about Mrs Smith!!
 Anyways... I digress. When our friends told me at Bible Study on Monday they were tearing down the house at 7am the next morning - well I wasn't going to miss that!


No comments: