Tuesday 26 January 2010

Doing Nothing and loving it!

Yes, we are doing a lot of walking, hand holding, eating incredible food, dressing up, playing in the pool, taking photos and nothing. It is perfect and I am trying not to think about returning to work in a week (or 6 days that is). We dream of cashing in, abandoning the jobs and the kid and moving down here and being beach bums... but I'm not sure we really know what that life would be like since we are used to some mysterious person turning down our bed and leaving us fruit and delectable chocolates every evening. We might also miss the chilled champaign on the table and the jacuzzi on the balcony overlooking the ocean. So I suppose we will have to get on that plane next Saturday and make the trek home. We will just stare at our photos for the next few years and remember and giggle and hold hands again. sigh.....

This is the view from our balcony.... breath taking
Seriously can you imagine waking up and seeing this every morning?

The view across the table at the Grill for lunch.....sigh. Sorry he is all mine!

The view on the table in front of me..... all mine too! Except I do share with the guy across the table.

Me on the beach with my new turquoise hat. See how it matches perfectly with the ocean?

Me at lunch with my new white hat which I exchanged the turquoise hat for after it turned my white blouse and hair turquoise! It was kind of funky but I was thankful it washed out - of my hair anyways,
That is a contemplative look, not an angry look. I am thinking... hmmmm how can we stay here forever?

This is the spa by night. After much deliberation and encouragement from my sweetheart, I decided to pack the big  tripod for some of the spectacular night shots here.
But I forgot the attachment for my camera....so this is hand held (I think the martini helped) and my big tripod is in the closet. Dang!

More spa by night and no one seems to notice (or care) if you lie on the ground for a photo.
Actually almost anything goes at an adult all inclusive but this is a family friendly blog. :)

Monday night was Caribbean night. I thought we were crashing a wedding.
Wild music - we danced.

If you are a bit squeamish (or vegetarian), you might want to bypass the next photo.



Back to prettier stuff... the main bar - Martini's where we like to hang out before our evening dining.

We sat here Sunday evening before supper at the Barcelona....


Perfect dress for dancing.....

Today we will lie by the pool and I will have a Mojito for Jess my work partner because Jess has a very busy day today at work and I am sort of sorry I am not there to help, but perhaps the Mojito will help a little.
I could have two if you thought it would help Jess. Just let me know.

4 comments:

jenni said...

Pllllleeeeeease tell me where in Mexico this is? I'm so green with envy right now! Beautiful photos! You got yerself a good lookin' specimen there, too... ;o)

Julie Cortens said...

LOL The Mayan Riviera - Excellence Riviera - adults only all inclusive. A week of pure indulgence.
I hope one day you can get here.

ג'קוזי said...

HI All...
Amazing seen, Amazing images, Amazing time.,... I really want to visit this place...
Thanks.

Jess. said...

Thanks for having a drink for me Julie! Very sweet of you to think of me and work while you were off in paradise. Im glad to have you back!!