Wednesday 9 January 2008

New Look!

I have been playing around with a new look/template for my blog. Not sure I like it yet and I have yet to figure out how to edit the HTML code on the banner so my picture will fit all the way across - work just keeps getting in the way of playing on the computer!! Drat! Oh to be free to take photos, play with them and surf the net all day...I suppose that would make me fat and lazy if that wish came true! Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands! Psa 90:17



After following a gazillion links though I found a great new site that is doing photography challenges and this weeks/actually months (that's about my challenge rate) challenge was to take a picture of your favorite coffee cup. Check out Ashley Wren's site and then check out "overlooked items " # one submissions- the coffee cup on Flickr.

I did two - one of my coffee cup from "Intermission House" formally AJ's which I pick up on my way to work - this picture is on my desk at work - I stayed an hour late at work today then took this picture (why can I never get out of there on time?) The second is my favorite mug from home.and it is sitting on my desk at home.

I like the theme of this group - taking pictures of overlooked things in our life, journaling about them and then, hopefully scrapbooking them some day....of course I have about 1000 photos waiting to be creatively put into a scrapbook right now, so why am I creating more...out of overlooked items no less??? Because!

Julie

2 comments:

Laura said...

Because that's what we scrappers do...take 1000's of pic's to get behind on in scrappin'. It's what keeps us coming back for the new product! Like the pictures Julie. Miss you at work. have a great trip to Victoria, see you when you get back.

coRinne not connie said...

hey - love your photos! you take some really wonderful shots! and thanks for the comments!

You'll break outta your rut - sometimes creativity just needs to take a break! relax and go with it!