Friday 18 January 2008

Another page for the year 2000 album

Posting from Victoria another page I finished and loaded last weekend. I am still in Victoria and spent most of last night at the hospital and I am about to head back, Dad isn't doing too well but I am hopeful that today we will see a turn for the better. I am thankful to be here to relieve Mom - she worries so. I was up until 1:30am last night and for those of you who know me, you know I don't function too well after 10 pm...that's because I get up at 5am...which is what I just did again - so 4 hrs sleep. But God is amazing and completely provided for me as I sat watching and praying for Dad last night and I am anxious to get up there this morning...I just needed 20 minutes of scrapbook therapy before heading out the door. :)
So here is my post I uploaded last weekend and saved.

Plugging along here with the year 2000 album...it has taken me almost a year! Hmmm which means I will never catch up! Except that I do scrapbook current pictures when those great pictures call out to me. :) This seemed to be a year that we did a LOT of things!

This two page layout is inspired by a great website called Pencilines. This is my take on sketch #66. Ralna put me onto this site and I love it - great inspiration!


This is our little Allison's 11th birthday party - and like most birthday party pages - there are lots of photos. I used three different companies for the paper - my favorites - Basic Grey, We are Memory Keepers and My Minds Eye. And I don't think there is a company I didn't use on all the other stuff - just dove into my stash. The Ooh-la-la rub on is new - just came into JSI! Basic Grey Two Scoops rub-ons. The blue paper is also from the new two scoops line.




Thanks for looking. Don't forget to vote - top left.

Julie

4 comments:

Vicki G. said...

Great pages Julie! I just checked out the pencilines site. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing! I'll be praying for your Dad and family.

Julie Cortens said...

Thanks Vicki, I do appreciate your prayers. Dad is comfortable so I am thankful for that.

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,
Just a note to let you know that Larry and I are thinking of you with your family in Victoria.
I haven't visited your blog for awhile- it looks great!!
Anyway sister, grace and peace until we touch base when you are at home again.
Love,
Jan

coRinne not connie said...

{hugs} and prayers to you and your family Julie!

I love the music you choose but my computer is so old that it just bogs me down. so i'd have to vote for silence.

great layouts!