Sunday 26 December 2010

Christmas at our house and other musing...


It was a crazy, crazy week and I am not sure if I slept. It is a good thing I am happy spending endless hours on my MAC.
It began with a wedding shoot last Sunday 


That long, fun and busy busy day was followed by  a turkey dinner with all the trimmings for 12 people Monday evening. Mark was home for "Christmas" but just a tad early since he had to return to Thompson to work Christmas eve and day. Such is the life of a fireman! So we celebrated with family and friends on Monday.

Tuesday was a marathon of wedding photo editing, and a little more entertaining and fun.
It was Allison's birthday - so more food, cake, goodies and celebration.


Wed and Thur were two very busy days of work - the kind I put my health care cap on for - not the computer photo editing kind.

Friday was recovery day and another marathon of photo editing. ..I can easily stay up into the wee hours playing in Lightroom because I love it!

Saturday was Christmas with family that are here. Eva did not seem to comprehend the significance of all the food and gifts and revelry however she did appreciate the Christmas tree lights.

 It is not hard to fill the on line kids gap shopping basket for this cutie!!!


I got a little unexpected something from my sweetheart....... and we agreed no surprises but the best part of that yearly agreement is we both know that I will keep to the agreement and he will not. (BIG grin) he spoils me and I love it!

 Eva thinks she can read and grandpa can't turn the pages fast enough. She LOVES books just like her Mommy.
Christmas day dinner was a tad slower paced then Monday..phew...and Eva slept through it. What a well behaved child!

 Eva's first Christmas family portrait.... she is learning to smile for the camera.
...or does she just think grandma  looks like a big black lens....
Tryptophan(sp?) kicking in.......?

Today has been a little fellowship with the saints, a little entertaining good friends for lunch and a whole lot of fixin the MAC.

Not that it is broke, but I hit 200GB in my photography "work" file and the MAC said enough already. It started acting like it had tryptophan too!!

It's all those slide shows I made you people. :)  okay and a full format sensor and a 21 mp camera and a few weddings..... So I have put the work file on an external hard drive and decided three years is the max I will save my clients photo shoots. Just no room especially shooting 1000 wedding photos in RAW. But do you know how long it takes to transfer 200GB?

And so ends another wonderful Christmas - busy as ever but I wouldn't have it any other way..... although I am looking forward to a boring January.... and another wedding shoot :)

2 comments:

allisonwhitehawk said...

Love the pictures! Such a fun week, but I agree - it will be nice to slow down the pace again. Hope you are able to relax this next week.

Julie Cortens said...

I like the Christmas photo of you and Eva and Sammy. Will burn that t disc for you.
Looking forward to a slower pace and getting back to normal sleeping patterns.