Sunday 12 September 2010

Baby Shower

Well I am exhausted but hey that is what weekends are for. Right?
There was a gathering of women at our house this afternoon for a baby shower for my daughter Allison who is due to deliver a beautiful baby girl in three weeks.
There were also three other very pregnant women here too!!

It was fun and look what crafty ole me made...
I had a blast making this cake - the inside is all diapers and baby bottles up the center to hold it all together. Receiving blankets and baby pins around each layer and then the fun part - decorating it.
Yummy mini cupcakes made by Kim.
Oh soooo adorable baby gifts and a few funny games.
And then the pregnant ladies got together.....
And they only had punch!!!
I hesitated posting these photo, but I think the ladies are okay with their beautiful bellies showing. If not ladies, let me know and I will remove the photos ASAP.

More photos password protected on my photography web site 
Those of you who know Allison will know the password. .... or e-mail me.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I love the middle one of the girls - Jessica's expression is priceless!
Great job on the diaper cake, Julie. It was a wonderful afternoon, thanks so much for hosting.

Unknown said...

amazing cake! I'd like the directions for that one please.
The baby bellies are stunning! great job capturing the day.

Allie said...

Aw, look at those beautiful bellies! It makes me want to be pregnant again, I miss it :) Lovely diaper cake!

Mrs Manz said...

No worries on my part, Julie. Bummed I'm the only one with an "official" outie, though. ;-D
It was a blast, Julie! Thanks again!

Julie Cortens said...

LOL - It was fun!
Baby bellies are truly beautiful.
Looking forward to my photo shoot with Allison and Sammy - bring a basketball Allison.

Laur - Recipe
1. google baby diaper cakes; watch about ten of them
2. wander around wally world for two hours coordinating colours and spending $$$$
3. come home and start creating.