Saturday 1 December 2007

Great Aunt!

Hey I am a Great Aunt to a sweet little girl named Clair. My niece had a baby girl last month and so I made a little album of her first moments and days. I used the Daisy Bucket Designs paper line Magical Moments - so easy because I just cut this two sided paper in four to make my 6X6 album.




A bit of ribbon, some card stock from the stash, buttons and cute stickers from Pebbles (also available for boys,



Then I slipped the pages into 6X6 page protectors, cut out two outside chipboard covers and voila! - all available at Just Scrap It! - including the die cut for the covers and the bolts to hold it together. Easy, inexpensive, fun.




Thanks for letting me share!

Julie

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie,
My daughters name is Claire. Love that name.

kristen said...

Love the book and the idea!

kristen said...

Julie, I have a new idea for a "brag" book for my girlfriend and starting looking thru any album posts I could find, low and behold, this album may be enough to get me going! I love this album...how do you affix the cover page to the chipboard to make sure it stays in place...just tape or some sort of glue? I'm thinking of a small 4x6 chipboard album for her purse, clipped together with binder rings. Any advice?

Julie Cortens said...

Hi Kris,
The covers are heavy chip board inked and paper glued on it. I use Uhu glue and press on well. The I gently sand the edges to give it a finished look. On the inside of the cover, I inked it and then put a smaller piece of paper that does not go to the edges. The pages are actually 6X6 page protecters. I punched the holes in the chipboard covers to line up with the page protector holes and then used ribbon to hold it together. Each page is just a 6X6 double sided paper slipped into the 6X6 page protecter. Hope this helps!