Saturday 27 February 2010

Challenge Post

Okay, Kate has passed on a Kreativ Blogger award challenge.

I am to tell you 7 little known facts about me.

As if you guys don't know everything about me!!!
Well, now you do!

1. In my high school and early University years, I was a tour guide at the Manitoba legislative buildings. Ask me anything about the Golden Boy - go ahead! I can't remember my postal code these days but I remember he is 13.5 ft tall (to his head - the web page is wrong) and covered in 23.5 carat gold. I spent the first 35 years of my life in the Peg and it is still home to me.

2. Well, Kate may like tofu, but I actually enjoy eating chicken livers - especially the way The Ivy makes them. Think of all that iron! There's not much I don't like to eat. I LOVE sushi.

3. I taught prenatel classes to expectant parents for 13 years in Wpg when I was a Public Health Nurse. I was pregnant when I taught too - that was fun.

4. I never follow a recipe. Ask my daughter in law - she asks me for my recipes and really I rarely have one I actually follow. I grew up with the "use whats in the fridge" mentality and just can't get away from it. I never measure either - always an estimate. Keeps the dishes down. Julia Child couldn't cook with me.

5. I played the violin for about 8 years. I would love to learn how to play the double bass.

6. I once sat three pews in front of Robin Williams in a church!!!

7. I can't fly in helicopters - they make me very, very sick! Sick for the ride and for 24 hours afterward. And I can't do most of the Disney rides either. As I think of it, long elevators rides are not great  as well. Let's just say I like to keep my feet on the ground unless I am heading to a place with an ocean, sand and palm trees - then I have drugs to get me there.

8. And, like Kate and recipes, I never follow the rules - ask my husband. I don't play bridge very well. There must be some pirate in me somewhere.

If you read this, your tagged! Leave a comment so we can all visit your blog and read seven, or 8, or 9 little known things about you.

5 comments:

Thelma Findlay said...

Ha - we have some similarities. You worked the Leg. Bldg. - what years? Maybe I was there at the same time.

Julie Cortens said...

Oh you are making me think - 1975-76?- two summers I worked there. Then I worked at Mount Carmel Clinic in the sumer during my University years.
What were you doing there?

Kate said...

You and I are similar...except for those chicken livers! LOL I should have put my time at Batoche on mine in the cool jobs section! Ask me anything about the 1885 rebellion. I am a fountain of facts baby! Looove me some Canadian history!

Thelma Findlay said...

I started my career with the government at the Leg. Bldg. in January 1983 - so after your time there. But, I was across the street when you were there - at Great West Life. I started with Treasury Board ... Family Services ... Rural Development ... Health ... which is where I am now. Except now, I am not at the Leg. Bldg., thank you very much. Grand building ... nice to visit ... but still stuffy, and particularly in the summers, too hot to work in.

Julie Cortens said...

Well Thelma, you might remember my Dad- Jack (John) McNairnay - he was Deputy Minister Municipal Affairs and also Deputy Minister Public Works.