Sunday 27 April 2008

In the City - Toronto

Couldn't resist using this new DCWV paper "In the city" along with the city nightlight chipboard from Riff Raff (at the bottom of the page). It is hard to see the chipboard with this scan though. I filled the windows in with shimmery stickles. This picture of David and I at a gala dinner and awards night in Toronto seemed to fit quite well - you know - tux an all. A few gold pebbles at the top.

On another note life is feeling very disorganized...the house is a mess (sixty five hour work week just ended) so I am hiding here on the computer...putting it off until tomorrow..oh ya tomorrow is fully booked...Wed?

Our daughter is home from University. I was tempted to take some pictures of the piles of STUFF all over her room, the guest room and the upstairs hall, but she might not be impressed. My life of no clutter for 10 months has come to an end. One day I will take a picture of the shirts in her closet - there has to be over 50 of them - seriously!

We are in the midst of renovation plans for the family room - it has the original carpet...25 years old...and we once had a dog remember? So this project is LOOOONG overdo. We have visited at least six flooring places and quoter # 4 is due out Wed morning at 8am, colour, wood, grain, quality, finish - it is too much for me. Then there are about seven furniture places we have been to. How fast can you fly through a place on your 45 min lunch hour? We cannot find a coffee table we like - ANYWHERE!! The one we have David had as a bachelor..and we have been married 28 + years...also looong overdo! Right now I really don't care. If someone would just arrive and do it all and hand me a decent bill, life would be so much easier! I go to work and come home to a new family room. Sounds simple eh?

I spent the whole day today looking at reno stuff - the WHOLE day! That and helping my daughter on the computer search out a summer job....cause if she doesn't get a good paying job this summer to pay for university next fall, the renos are off and we clean that carpet one more time and find some new doilies for the coffee table!

Anyone have any leads on a great summer job for a very bright girl with one year University under her belt - preferable one that pays fairly well?? E-mails me! over there o the left at the top! And if you have any tips on hardwood floor - let me know that too!

Have a great evening everyone!

3 comments:

Thelma Findlay said...

Does Saskatchewan have a STEP (student program) for university-going folks - whereby someone hires the students in over the summer through this program - usually in an area that relates to what they are studying? Check out the Internet and see if you can get her lined up in there somehow. I know Manitoba has that type of program - and my office has someone starting next Monday. the floors - funny. Reminded me of last summer when I ripped up the carpets and had laminate wood flooring put in (while DH was away at a Scouting camp). Whenever you get around to it, you are going to relish the change. I just love walking on my non-carpeted living/dining room area (the dog hates it and never sets foot there any more).

Angie said...

Can't help you with the job or the flooring...but I wish you luck. I'll keep you in my prayers that all goes well with that. I'm sure something will come up that will work for everyone.

kristen said...

What a glamorous layout. And you guys look amazing!